Omega-3s are a specific type of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Omega 3s are called essential fatty acids as human bodies are not capable of producing them. We get Omega-3s from various plants and animal source.
These fatty acids are not produced by the body so we get them from Foods or Supplements.
There are three major types of omega-3s
1. Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) (Plant source)
ALA is Found in Walnuts, vegetable oils like flaxseed and olive.
2. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)(Marine sources)
EPA is found in fish oils.
3. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) (Marine sources)
DHA is also found in fish oils.
ALA is found in certain plant oils while EPA and DHA are found in Marine animals.
Sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids | ओमेगा 3 फैटी एसिड के स्रोत
1. Seafoods are the largest source of omega-3 fatty acids which includes fishes such as tuna, salmon and other seafood.
2. Walnuts, soy foods, pumpkin seeds are also a major source of omega-3 fats.
3. Fruits such as melons, blackberries contain high amount of omega-3s.
4. Grass-fed animal milk contains high amounts of omega-3s.
5. A cup of green soybeans contains about 600 mg of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids (ALA).
6. Eggs also have a higher amount of Omega-3 about 225 mg per egg.
Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids | ओमेगा 3 फैटी एसिड के स्वास्थ्य लाभ
1. Omega-3 plays an important role in the functioning of the brain.
2. They also help in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and lower the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
4. Omega-3 decrease the clotting of the blood, increase good cholesterol and decrease inflammation.
5. Omega-3 improves the fertility of both males and females
6. Omega-3 helps in Acne.
7. Omega-3 fights Wrinkles.
8. Helps in improving the cardiovascular health.
9. Reduces the risk of cancer.
10. Improves sleep.
How Much Omega-3 Should You Take Per Day? | कितना ओमेगा -3 आप प्रति दिन ले जाना चाहिए?
There are no standard guidelines to how much omega-3 you should take each day. Various health organizations have released their own opinions regarding this.
Most of these organization recommends a minimum of 250-500 mg of Omega-3 per day for a healthy adult.
Effects of Omega 3 Deficiency | ओमेगा 3 की कमी के प्रभाव
Deficiency of omega 3 in your body can lead to various health problems. That includes –
3. Higher risk of heart diseases
4. High cholesterol
5. Digestive disorders
6. Joint and muscle pain
7. Poor brain development